Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Sunday, January 30, 2011

52 Week Project - Plant, Bloom and Grow Kindness



Is kindness contagious?




We think it is.  
We have seen kindness planted, blooming and growing.
Everywhere!

+
Mimi and I have been so inspired by what we have seen and read lately 
that we (and our family) are going to do our part to help spread kindness and love 
over the next 52 weeks - and beyond.

Some of  the ways we plan to grow kindness and love:


Volunteer at a local Salvation Army Soup Kitchen
Make dinner for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House
SPCA - deliver treats to workers and needs from the 'wish' list for animals
Volunteer for roadside trash pick up - Keep America Beautiful
Walk in the 2011 Relay For Life
Make and deliver shelter packs- kids: crayons, paper, coloring books, stuffed animal
adults/kids: toothbrush, toothpaste, floss
Donate books to our pediatricians office, bring treats for Dr.'s and staff
Have kids make artwork to be delivered with meals - Meals On Wheels
Help supply, make and put up decorations at our local Hospice
Deliver treats and 'thank you' notes to our local volunteer fire department
Adopt a Solider - Operationshoebox.com


And, if you live near by, you might just find a random note from us with an acorn 
token attached.  We ask that you spread that seed of kindness and watch it grow!


+
Our 52 Week project was absolutely borrowed and inspired by Katherine Marie.  
She's amazing!  Creative, talented and so kind.
Check our her website and, specifically, her post about her 52 Weeks of smiles.
Katherine Marie's - 52 Weeks of Smiles
If this doesn't make your heart burst with the want to spread love, I don't know what will!


More inspiration!
Featured on NBC Nightly News, Ben's Bells Project is an amazing project of kindness
going on in Tucson.  Click the link below to see video about the project.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/vp/41083387#41083387




What will you do to spread the kindness and love?
Please share, we'd love to know!



2 comments:

  1. I think that is the GLORY of KINDNESS... it is just like love in that the MORE we GIVE the MORE we want to give. AND the more we GIVE the more we RECEIVE. I'm just delighted that you are taking your family kindness activities to this BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING level. WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! AWESOME! What an inspiration!!! I look forward to seeing how this unfolds in your family! I know I will find so much inspiration from your stories and photos--- so please POST!! All my love! xoxoxoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a sign in my kitchen for years that simply says, "Kindness Matters". I'm a firm believer in little drops. If if we all do a little it adds up.
    I'm in pain always due to many back surgeries. There are a lot of things I can't do. But I can be kind. I love to write notes of appreciation to many people.
    Thanks for you Kindness Project, it gave me some more ideas I can do.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete