Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chew on This | Yogurt Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders


A paradigm shift has occurred this morning. 


No, the Earth's tilt has not changed. Cold fusion has not been proven. But something monumental has happened here and it has changed my balance. It has spun me around and left me a little dazed. The tiny beginnings of a crack starting to show.

I knew the shift was coming, I've been preparing myself, all of us, for it for years. The first glimpse of upheaval came two years ago. Today came the full thrust. 


Yesterday, I watched a beautiful young lady climb large bus steps, that don't seem as daunting as they did two years ago, and she kindly looked back quickly for just one more obligatory first day of school photo. Crack.

Today, I held a small warm hand and walked a handsome young boy into a big kid brick school. Off to start a wild and wonderful kindergarten adventure. And I wonder how it's possible that I can just hand off my babies to another to guide, teach and keep? Crack.


My heart has cracked open just a bit. Nothing permanent. It just feels overwhelming at the moment. The shift is good and necessary. That's what I keep telling myself today as I sit in a strangely quiet house. 

Cares



A favorite meal in this house, Yogurt Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders, made healthier and tastier. The tenders swim in a delicious dip of greek yogurt, honey and Dijon mustard. Then they roll around in some seasoned panko crumbs and are baked to golden. Make some tonight for your school dwellers. If you make extras they freeze like a dream and can be heated up for a quick meal when you're driving six ways to Sunday to get it all done. Enjoy!


Here's the recipe:

Yogurt Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 C plain yogurt (regular or Greek)
2 T Dijon mustard
2 T honey
salt and pepper
panko bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a cookie sheet with foil or a baking rack and coat with cooking spray.

To prepare chicken, cut chicken breast in to long strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Next, in a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mustard, honey and add salt and pepper to taste. Pour your panko crumbs onto a plate and also add salt and pepper here. Toss to incorporate.

Dip your chicken pieces into the yogurt sauce, shake off excess. Place sauced up chicken into the panko and roll chicken to coat in the crumbs completely. Place on cookie sheet.

Once all the chicken is coated, place into the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Allow finished chicken to cool for a few minutes and served with honey mustard dipping sauce if desired.

Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
1/2 C Dijon mustard
1/3 C honey

In a bowl, mix thoroughly mustard and honey. Divide between individual dipping bowls and serve with Yogurt Mustard Honey Chicken Tenders.

  Nap-Time Creations

3 comments:

  1. A day that calls for some comfort food. Delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks amazing! Join in on the fun and come over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow to share this tasty recipe with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!
    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! Just stopping by to let you know I featured you on Savory Sunday this week! Have a great long weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete