Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Friday, October 7, 2011

Chew on This | Crazy Cooking Challenge - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Photobucket

I'm participating in the Crazy Cooking Challenge again this month!
We're making cookies - Chocolate Chip Cookies!



There are so many different variations for chocolate chip cookies. No nuts. Add nuts. 
Add oatmeal (my personal favorite). Peanut butter chips. Milk chocolate chips. 
The list is endless. 

When searching for a unique chocolate chip cookie recipe I wanted something
I had never tried or considered before. I found the perfect option on 
Slice of Feist. A blog I love, and you will too!

+
Olive oil chocolate chips cookies! 


Replacing the standard butter with olive oil sounded like a very interesting prospect.
And I have to say, the taste was quite good! The cookies were soft and chewy. Yum!


 Next time I would probably add just a bit more salt. 
And I would allow the cookies to bake a tab longer to achieve a crispy outer 
crust similar to what I get from a butter-based chocolate chip cookie.


Give these Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies a try. I think you'll really like them!




Cares




Olive Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies
(recipe from Slice of Feist adapted from Chicago Sun Times)

2 eggs
1/4 C olive oil
3/4 C granulated sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 t vanilla extract
2 1/4 C flour
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 C chocolate chips

a dash of milk

Preheat oven to 375℉.

Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, vanilla and olive oil. Then slowly add your eggs. Now add in all of your dry ingredients and chocolate chips. To bring dough together in a firm ball, add a dash of milk.


Spoon heaping tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake cookies until  golden, about 10-12 minutes.

13 comments:

  1. I just recently heard that you can replace the butter or vegetable oil with olive oil when baking. I'm glad it worked well for you, and encourages me to try it, too. I'm starting a new link party if you want to join on Mondays-Must Try Mondays-where you share your must try recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I always wonder about substituting things in recipes but get too scared when it comes to baking desserts because they say exact measurements are key. Good to know you can use olive oil in cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo I need to save this! I love super soft cookies!



    Stopping by from the THE CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE
    OCTOBER MISSION:FIND THE ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies look great! I never would have thought to put olive oil in cookies before. I definitely need to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting and unique way to get some healthy fat into your sweets! I'm #48 in the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I never thought of using olive oil as the fat....they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never used olive oil in baking cookies, sounds interesting and I'll have to give it a try.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my entry, Chocolate Chip Gingersnaps.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try these. I use olive oil all the time but have never baked with it. I hope you'll check out mine, I'm #29 the Overnight Chocolate Chip Cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Cookies look great! It is fun cooking with you, I am #15. Hope you are having a wonderful week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your looks look great....never used olive oil....will try them:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting!! I never would've thought to use Olive Oil instead of butter, sounds great! Thanks for sharing! Come check out my entry #34, Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies!

    http://kaylasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/2011/10/crazy-cooking-challenge-2-ultimate-hot.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olive oil?! Who would have thought! I'm excited to try this recipe--I'm always looking for a butter alternative. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum! i'll give them a try!

    michele

    ReplyDelete