Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chew on This | Crazy Cooking Challenge - Fudge

This Peanut Butter Fudge is like a block of happiness and delight. 
Truly.


I can say this with some authority because I am not fudge friendly.
Nope, not at all. If given the choice of eating any sweet snack, 
fudge would never be on my list.

Photobucket

Enter this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge. When Tina announced that finding
the ultimate fudge recipe would be our challenge, I kind of cringed. 
Don't get me wrong, fudge is good. But definitely not a sweet I would 
go out of my way for. And I even make a really scrumptious Toasted Pecan Fudge.


Not to be deterred, I went on the hunt for an amazing fudge recipe. 
I wanted my ultimate fudge recipe to be loaded with stuff - nuts, marshmallows and 
swirls of this and that. Yet, I kept coming back to this simple Peanut Butter Fudge
I found on the brown eyed baker blog. And I'm glad I did because I think
it just might have made me a fudge convert. It's creamy and dreamy!
Try it, you'll see what I mean.


Cares


Here's the recipe:
Peanut Butter Fudge
(recipe from brown eyed baker, adapted from Joy of Cooking)

1 1/4 C butter
1 1/4 C smooth peanut butter
pinch of salt
1 1/2 t vanilla
4 1/2 C sifted powdered sugar

Prepare an 8x8 inch pan by spraying lightly with baking spray or greasing with butter.

In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt your butter and peanut butter together until this mixture comes to a boil. Remove pan from the heat.

Add in your salt and vanilla. Stir to incorporate. Next, slowly add in your powdered sugar and stir out any lumps.

Pour fudge into your prepared pan and press with a spatula to smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome photo - great CCC pick. I hope you'll stop by and see my CCC post for Bailey's Irish Cream and Pistachio Fudge.

    :)
    ButterYum

    http://butteryum.blogspot.com/2011/12/baileys-irish-cream-and-pistachio-fudge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peanut butter is my fav. I didn't even look for one because I knew I would eat it and all of it........My mom always made fudge so I need to make her's for my blog. Nice post andi

    ReplyDelete
  3. well your fudge cam out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, peanut butter heaven. I had to stay away from the peanut butter or I'd have eaten it all myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple and beautiful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ho simple this recipe is!

    I'm #2 (Nutella fudge w/ sea salt). I would love for you to stop by my blog if you haven't already :)
    http://thecrunchymamacita.blogspot.com/2011/12/nutella-fudge-with-sea-salt.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE recipes from the Brown Eyed Baker. Good job! And, it looks so nice and "fudge like".

    ReplyDelete