Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Friday, December 16, 2011

Chew on This | Eggnog Quick Bread

Boy, oh boy, things are happening so fast and it's a bit hard to keep up with it all. I have lists everywhere in an attempt to not forget anything. I will forget things. I will wake up in the wee hours of the morning remembering that I didn't iron the tablecloth yet. That I still need to wrap the teacher's gifts and finally put stamps on the completed Christmas cards and put them in the mail. 



I know I'm not the only one in this precarious situation. Balancing the joy and happiness of the season with the utter chaos that can creep in. But I remind myself, and you should too, that perfect isn't necessary. You've got to take that need to have everything impeccably placed off your shoulders. Because you are not defined by how pristine the decorations or packages look. You are not judged because you have two side dishes instead of four on your holiday table. Or that the tablecloth is sort of wrinkled. 


Are you enjoying yourself? Your family? Your friends? Are you making memories? Are you laughing? Laughing at the good things, the mess-ups and the projects undone? 

I am involved in a pretty even run of good things, mess-ups and not-finished-yet assignments around here. And I try to laugh in the face of my blunders because it dwindles any power they may try to have over me. I do this because I don't want to waste any precious, happy memory-making time. 


So making this Eggnog Quick Bread won't squander a lot of your precious moments. The result of your time used will be a delicious homage to the season. And when you slather it with a Boozy Rum Glaze, you just might not care if the time goes flying by.

Cares

Here's our recipe:
Eggnog Quick Bread
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1 C eggnog
3/4 C canola oil
1 T rum
1 t vanilla
2 C flour
pinch of salt
1/4 t ground nutmeg
1/2 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350℉. Prepare a loaf pan by spraying lightly with baking spray.

In a mixing bowl, whisk together your sugar and eggs. Add your eggnog, oil, rum and vanilla. Stir until combined.

Add your remaining ingredients, flour, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir until just combined. Pour into your prepared loaf pan and place into the preheated oven for approximately 55-65 minutes.

Allow bread to cool about 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!

If you want to add some more boozy goodness, make this glaze to drizzle over each slice.
It makes a strong statement so pour it on!

Boozy Rum Glaze
1/4 C powdered sugar
1 T rum
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of cinnamon

Whisk all ingredients together, in a small bowl, until smooth. Drizzle over slices of Eggnog Bread or anything else that needs a strong boozy kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment