Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Monday, December 12, 2011

Chew on This | Honeycomb Brittle


We're in the midst of it. The air is charged with excitement and anticipation. The baking, buying, cooking, whisking and wrapping are all happening simultaneously. 


And yet, with the whir of holiday things and the happiness of soaking it all in, I am captivated by the thought of things to come. Sweet things.


This spring I am planning to take beekeeping classes. Better yet, I am planning to charm bees into giving me some of their glorious honey. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and I'm so excited! It did take some time convincing The Husband and The Sprite, but not The Boy. And now that everyone is on board, a beekeeper I shall be. 


This beautiful and delicious Honeycomb Brittle will certainly be a by-product of some of the honey I harvest from my hives. Doesn't that sound lovely? It's also a very lovely gift to pass to family, friends and neighbors. They'll hug you for it.

Looking forward to the holiday bliss. Looking forward to the new year. Enjoy!

Cares

Here's the recipe:

Honeycomb Brittle
1 1/2 C granulated sugar
1/4 C honey
1/4 C water
1 T baking soda

Prepare a cookie sheet by spraying lightly with cooking spray.

In a sauce pan over medium heat, bring together your sugar, honey and water. Stir mixture constantly while bringing it up to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and stop stirring. Cook brittle until a candy thermometer reaches 300℉. Remove pan from the heat and whisk in your baking soda. Your brittle will bubble and become foamy looking. Pour onto your cookie sheet without spreading. Allow brittle to cool completely and then break into pieces. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment