Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Monday, January 30, 2012

Chew on This | Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

The proverbial crap hit the fan last week. No joke. 

What is it about this 2012 month of January? It is, in no uncertain terms, kicking our butts. Chewing us up and spitting us out into the gutter. Stomping us senseless. And it is doing so without any regard. None. At. All.


I'm done. I'm not having it. I'm moving on, January 2012. I'm moving on to February 2012. And it will not disappoint. 

So, here's what I'm doing today. Today I am chucking the negative right out of this month by celebrating the end of it. Yippee! Goodbye very long, very precarious and very dopey month.
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.


If this month has been a joyous one for you, celebrating it's end may not feel authentic. But if you make these Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers, it really won't matter. They're a celebration all on their own.


Cares

Here's our recipe:
Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

1 lb. mini sweet peppers (about 22-24 peppers)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t seasoned salt
1 1/2 C shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled

Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.

To prepare your peppers, slice off the tops/stems of each pepper and carefully clean out the seeds and ribs inside. Next, thoroughly mix your cream cheese, garlic powder, seasoned salt, shredded cheddar and bacon. Generously spoon your cream cheese mixture into each pepper and place your peppers into your muffin tin. Place peppers into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove peppers from the oven, plate and serve.

9 comments:

  1. Better recipes out there for mini stuffed peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this! Thanks for sharing :) Found recipe on Pinterest1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these earlier today & they were AMAZING to say the least! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will bacon bits work just as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've not used bacon bits with this recipe but don't see why they wouldn't work perfectly! Let me know ~ Cares

      Delete
    2. The best is making your own bacon bits.. tried both and there is no comparison...

      Delete
  5. We make these cut in half and on a baking rack. I include minced onion inside the cream cheese mixture. Also to avoid any bitterness you should blanche the peppers first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this recipe. I altered it slightly (I made a double batch using half a packet of McCormick's Taco de al Pastor seasoning in place of the garlic powder and season salt, and used pre-cooked bacon crumbles). These are amazing. 10/10 I will make them again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show
    up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyway,
    just wanted to say great blog!

    ReplyDelete