Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chew on This | Pepper Popper Panini

I'm worn out. I'm the kind of tired that isn't easily fixed with a nap and a good night's sleep. My eyes ache and closing them actually feels uncomfortable. All I want to do is sit down, but once I do I become restless. It's so annoying. 

Do you ever feel like this? 


If you have a newborn (or have ever had a newborn), you have a very clear idea of how I'm feeling today because you feel like this everyday. For months and months. (Hi B, I'm talkin' to you!). So, getting clever for dinner seems preposterous. And labor intensive. 

I promise it doesn't have to be. Today I made a very tasty pressed (or grilled) cheese sandwich. It satisfies. It's super flavorful. Super easy. Warm and gooey. 


Not some common grilled cheese here. No, no. I may be sleep deprived but I know a good sandwich when I eat one. Give it a try and let me know what you think.



Enjoy!


Cares

Here's the recipe:

Pepper Popper Panini
(serves 4)

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 C shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
1 t salt
1/2 t garlic powder
2-3 ounces canned, chopped green chili peppers 
8 slices cooked bacon
8 slices bread
Panini press or skillet

In a medium bowl, combine your cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and garlic powder. Stir to combine thoroughly. Add your green chili peppers and mix to incorporate.

Evenly distribute your cheesy chili pepper spread over four slices of bread. Top the spread with two slices of bacon. Top with the second slice of bread and place onto your panini press or in your skillet. Cook until bread is toasty and the cheesy chili spread is gooey. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment