Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chew on This | Coconut Granola



I'm in a granola phase right now and I am loving this coconut version. The kids love it too and don't even mind that I chose to crumble it rather than make bars.

Granola is delicious, convenient and makes such a great snack for the kids. And me. But this version had me enjoying it a bit excessively. It's very addictive. And very filling. Enjoy it more carefully than I did or you just might get a belly ache. 

Not that I would know anything about that.


Cares


Here's our recipe:

Coconut Granola

1/4 C coconut oil, melted
1/4 C honey
1 egg
1 1/2 C oats
1 C shredded coconut
1/2 C chocolate chips
1/4 C flax meal
1/2 C dried apricots, chopped into small pieces
1/2 t salt

Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly coat an 8x11" baking dish with cooking spray.

In a bowl, add your coconut oil, honey and egg. Whisk to combine thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients and stir to evenly incorporate everything. Pour ingredients into your baking disk and press to spread everything out. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then cut granola into squares for snacks or crumble granola for cereal or as a topping for yogurt. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment