Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Monday, July 2, 2012

Chew on This | Cheerio Treats

Quick and simple - that's my motto these days. It's too dang hot to turn on the oven and my mind is mushy from the humidity. I found these quick Cheerio treats on Pinterest (among a gazillion other things to make and try) and loved the old school simplicity. Also, I had every ingredient in the house and the promise of 5-10 minutes and done. Love that.


I'm very rarely a marshmallow-treat-making-Mom, so this recipe was well received by my kids and The Husband. Go figure. 

Cares


Recipe via justJennrecipes:

Cheerio Treats
(serves many)
2 T butter
1/3 C peanut butter
1 - 10 ounce package marshmallows
6 C Cheerios (I used Honey Nut)
1/2 C chocolate chips
9x13 casserole dish, sprayed lightly with cooking spray

In a large sauce pot over medium to medium-low heat, melt your butter and peanut butter. Stir to mix thoroughly. Add your marshmallows and stir continuously until marshmallows have melted completely. Pour in your Cheerios, 3 cups at a time, and toss to coat. Press your mixture into a greased 9x13" pan. Sprinkle with your chocolate chips and allow treats to cool before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment