Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chew on This | Zucchini Feta Patties


So Mimi has been fixated on a combination of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Greek foods lately. She can't get enough. 

Because she's been cooking up the goodness, now I just can't get enough. I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough. (Anyone with me here? Depeche Mode fans? Helloooo?) 

Okay, moving on. These Zucchini Feta Patties are so good I almost cried. But I didn't. Instead, I ate them all. I put my head down and focused on the flavor bursting on my tastebuds. 

I also growled  viciously if anyone came near me for a tiny taste. Be gone you scavengers, these patties are mine, mine, mine.


Your holiday guests will go gaga. Make 'em. 


Cares

Here's Mimi's recipe:

Zucchini Feta Patties
1 1/3 pounds of zucchini
1 t Kosher salt
1/2 C green onion, thinly sliced
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 C mint, chopped
1/2 C dill, chopped, plus 1T to sprinkle on top
1 T grated lemon peel
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 C panko or bread crumbs, divided
1 egg
1 C feta, plus 2T to sprinkle on top
oil for frying
1 pint Greek yogurt

Grate zucchini using the large holes of the grater. Place in a strainer and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes. Wrap zucchini in a towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Place in a bowl and add the green onions, mint, dill, garlic, grated lemon peel, and salt and pepper.  Stir in the egg, 1/2 C panko (or breadcrumbs) and feta. Shape mixture into a patties, using about 2 T per patty. Dip patties in the remaining 1/2 C panko (or breadcrumbs) and place on a foil or plastic lined plate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 

When ready, fry the patties in oil until golden. Serve with yogurt and an extra sprinkle of feta and dill on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment