Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chew on This | Banana Pops


Hot. 

Swampy, sticky, thick, repressive heat. 

This stifling heat has made my fingers swollen and I can't get my rings off. Not being able to get my rings off makes me feel edgy and claustrophobic. 

This may help.


My babies were very happy to partake in this cold treat. Chocolate covered lips and fingers were a sure sign that bliss had been achieved.


No oven needed - thank goodness. And lingering in front of the freezer to make these pops was an added bonus that helped take the edge off.


Keep it cool everyone.
Cares

Here are your simple steps:

Banana Pops

4 ripe bananas
1 C chocolate chips
1/2 C heavy cream
1 C chopped, salted peanuts
8 sucker sticks

Peel bananas and slice in half cross-wise. Carefully insert sucker sticks about halfway up the center of the banana. Place bananas on a small cookie sheet and place into the freezer for at least 2 hours.

Before removing bananas from the freezer, make your ganache. In a microwave safe bowl, combine your chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave chocolate, on high, in 20 seconds intervals until chocolate is warm and soft. Stir to thoroughly melt and incorporate chocolate with cream. Also, chop your peanuts to equal 1 cup and place peanut pieces on a dish.

Remove bananas from the freezer and, one at a time, dunk into the warm chocolate. After dunking each banana, roll the coated banana in the peanut pieces. Place the banana pops back on the cookie sheet and return to the freezer to set the chocolate. The chocolate should be set in one hour. Enjoy!
Cast Party Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. It is hot and humid where I live, and this sounds SO GOOD! The recipe is simple enough that I think even I could do this one. haha! Thanks for sharing! I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete