Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Monday, December 26, 2011

Chew on This | Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie

Do you have that over-indulged feeling? I did yesterday evening. I felt rotund. I felt too salty and too sweet. And I wanted only to drink cold, refreshing water. So, I vowed that today I would eat to live. Not live to eat, like I've been doing too much of these last few weeks. 


Yet....yet, my blasted sweet tooth has not relinquished me from it's grip. And my ever present craving for protein is enthusiastically rearing it's head at this moment. What to do?



Here's the solution I came up with - Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothies. These babies totally hit the spot. I came upon this idea because I have an abundance of bananas left over from our Christmas Eve brunch that weren't needed for the Bananas Foster Waffles we served (recipe to come soon!), so I wanted to use them up. And I always have peanut butter and chocolate, household staples kept in large quantities! So this smoothie seemed like a perfect match for my particular needs.


Sweet tooth, covered. Protein fix, obtained. All in all, a very good way to slowly wean myself from the holiday feasting I've been enjoying. 


Cares

Here's the recipe:
Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie
(serves 2)

2 medium bananas, sliced into quarters
1/4 C plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
1/2 C vanilla almond milk (cow's milk can be substituted)
1/4 C natural, creamy peanut butter
2 T chocolate sauce
*optional - 1 scoop protein powder

Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy!

1 comment: