Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Monday, May 28, 2012

Who knew? How to.... Racing Party

Did you get car racing out of your system this weekend? What with the Indianapolis 500 and the Cocoa Cola 600 taking place, you really should have gotten your fill. Right?
What? You're not into racing? Yeah, I know. I wasn't either until I had a little 
boy that became fanatical about it over the last four years. That means I have become 
knowledgable about racing in ways that I never imagined. 


Yes, that little stinker right there has convinced us all that knowing who Jimmie Johnson,
Kasey Kahne and Greg Biffle are, is very important. I don't doubt him. He is wise 
beyond his years. And speaking of years, this little boy will soon be turning a big 7 years old. 
Ugh! Time flies faster then a race car. 



When The Boy turned six last year he had his first friend party. Can you guess the theme of this soiree?  A Racing Party! Yippee! 


We had a Pit Stop filled with food, treats and drinks fit for racing Kings and Queens.


Stop Light Skewers - fruit skewers with strawberries, pineapple and green grapes
Spare Tires - Oreos
Windshield Wipers - Twizzlers
Paint Chips - whole grain Sun Chips


Burnt Rubber - black licorice nuggets
Pit Crew - gummy bears
Spare Tires - mini chocolate covered donuts on a stick
Oil sticks - Rice Krispie treats dipped in chocolate on a stick


A happy little boy racing around the house before his guests arrive.


Denny Hamlin Dogs - my homemade corn dogs
Martinsville Meatball Sliders - my homemade meatball sliders (recipe to come)


A simply lovely cake made by my dear friend (thanks B - you rock!!!!).
 I just showed her a picture of a cake I found on Pinterest and she was able 
to duplicate it perfectly. Now that's talent! Oh, it was so scrumptious!


So, you can see where I focused - on the food. But I didn't just feed our guests, we had 
games, games, relays and more games. It was sooooo fun and The Boy was over the moon gleeful. Pleased as punch. Happy as a clam. 

He really loved his party.

If you're thinking about having a racing party maybe you could use some of these ideas.
It's totally fun for kids. But don't be fooled, it's a blast for adults too! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment