Home     About Us     Chew on This     Who Knew?     Pied Piper     Thoughts

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Chew on This | Chocolate Banana Wontons

I'm sitting here watching I, Robot. Nothing else on tv tonight has caught my attention so, out of control robots it is. As a kid I dreamed of having my very own robot. How cool would that have been? Doing my homework, emptying the dishwasher, cleaning out the mountain of clutter I shoved under my bed. You know, to do all those bothersome chores.



I giggle just thinking about it. I didn't need a robot when I was a kid for anything more then being cool. "Cares is so rad, she has a totally awesome robot." "Wow, I wish I had a robot like Cares." Oh the glory of it all. 


Now, as I watch I, Robot, I think of how much more practical it would be for me to have a robot now. It would still be super cool. I mean, like, for sure. But I would revel in laundry being folded to perfection and put away neatly. Trudie's muddy footprints magically being wiped clean immediately from the floor. And dust motes would be a thing of the past.


However, with my very own robot I'm sure to quickly become a sloth. Seriously. You doubt me? Well, remember when you had to actually lug your bum off the couch to change the television station? Can you imagine doing that now? I can't. And I can't even begin to tell you how hot and bothered I get when I lose my tiny robot, my clicker. I'm sure you can now clearly envision my downward spiral if a robot were to cross my threshold. 


Well, there's that and the fact that robots will eventually accrue so much artificial intelligence that they easily take over the world. No biggie.


Now listen here, you'll not need a silly robot to make these delicious Chocolate Banana Wontons. They're incredible and they make a wonderfully special after school snack. For real.

Chocolate Banana Wontons = good idea. Robots = not a good idea.


Cares

Here's the recipe:
Chocolate Banana Wontons
(serves 4)
4 large wonton wrappers
2 bananas
8 T chocolate ganache or Nutella

Heat a frying pan, with 3 T of oil, over medium-low heat. While oil is heating, construct your wontons. Spread 2 T of slightly warm chocolate ganache over one wonton wrapper, leaving a half-inch border around the edge of the wrapper. 

*To wrap your wonton, check the pictures above for a visual explanation. 
Place half of a peeled banana length-wise on the wrapper, pointing corner to corner. Fold one corner of the wrapper over the banana and then fold the two opposite corners over the sides of the banana. Roll the banana to cover. Wet the last point (corner) of the wonton wrapper to adhere it.

Carefully place your wontons into the warm frying pan and fry each side of the banana wonton. Once all sides of the wonton are lightly browned and crispy, lower the heat in the pan to low and cover. Allow the wontons to cook for 1-2 minutes covered. Remove wontons from the pan onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain off any excess oil.

To serve, slice the wontons on an angle and dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment